About the role
As the Instructional Designer you will work closely with the Learning Team on
design, creation and delivery of learning content.
• Takes High Level Design documents (HLDD) compiled from Subject Matter Experts
(SMEs) and creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content
• Defines and documents learning objectives
• Applies tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
• Manages online learning communities
• Writes scripts for video and audio content
• Designs and creates supplemental assets as needed
• Analyzes, updates and refines existing online content
What we look for/Qualifications:
• 3 years’ experience in instructional design, education or related field
including use of LMS, curriculum and content design and creation of training
videos and other materials
• 2-3 years’ experience with learning management systems (LMS)
• High degree of problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience drafting content based on design documents and other sources
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Google suite
• Understanding of website design best practices
Enough about us. The perfect fit for our team is…
• A team player. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help out a colleague.
• Friendly. You have a great attitude that lends itself to teamwork.
• Motivated. You go the extra mile because, for you, the bare minimum isn’t an option.
• An early adopter. You’re not intimidated by the latest tech. In fact, you love it!
• Organized. You stay on top of projects, and things rarely fall through the cracks.
• An optimizer. You are constantly looking for a better way to get things done, and you like sharing your ideas.
• Inquisitive. You love asking questions (specifically, “why?”).
The hiring process
We take our hiring very seriously—and we hire equally for ability as we do culture fit. The last thing we want is for you to land a job you’re not happy or excited about. That’s not good for you, and it wouldn’t be good for us, either. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect from our hiring process. Please note steps may vary slightly depending on the position.
Step one: Interview with your direct supervisor
Step two: Technical interview
Step three: Cultural interview
During the interview process, we’ll also ask you to take the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment™. The Predictive Index measures your most natural behavioral tendencies and overall learning ability. It is not used as a disqualification tool, but rather a way to help us understand overall job fit, create unique interview questions based around your preferences, and ultimately create a better onboarding experience if you inevitably join our team.
At every level, we’re committed to having a culture that rocks. Our team is the most valuable asset we have, and we’re proud to be a diverse, international and passionate group of people. We live and breathe honesty, kindness, helpfulness, continual learning and creative problem-solving. All while being 100% remote!
Around the office (i.e., our Zoom rooms), you’ll hear the word “transparency” a lot, and for a good reason; we believe in radical candor. That is, we believe that honesty, openness and empathy are just as powerful as a hard skill set, and we live that belief at every level of our organization.