We are Bloom Growth™—an ecosystem for the growth of your entire team. Our ecosystem includes foundational tools for strategic planning, defining roles and a platform for both Leadership and Departmental teams to have powerful weekly meetings. Bloom is one brand within Winter International LLC. And, while you’ll be working for Bloom, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with the rest of our Winter International LLC team. This position is 100% remote. Actually, our entire company is fully remote!
About the role
We are looking for a full time Human Resources Generalist to join our growing HR team. This position is responsible for the administration of the company’s payroll and benefit plans for our global team. As part of the HR team you will share ownership in ensuring a top notch employee and candidate experience. This position may also work with the HR team on culture initiatives, new hire onboarding and other human resources projects. What we look for
Payroll and Benefits Administration
• Work with staff and managers to ensure all PTO, expense reports and time sheets are approved prior to payroll processing.
• Coordinate with external payroll service providers and ensure accurate and timely transmission of payroll data.
• Prepare payroll–related reports, tax filings, and other compliance–related documents as required.
• Update monthly payroll change report for accounting.
• Maintain and update staff payroll data in our HRIS, including new hires, terminations, changes in compensation, and deductions.
• Stay up to date with US payroll laws, regulations, and tax requirements to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Manage and administer employee benefits programs, including ICHRA medical insurance and 401K, ensuring proper enrollment, and deductions.
• Oversee the administration of the company’s 401k program, including employee eligibility, contributions, annual audits and vendor management.
• May assist in managing other company benefits such as Parental Leave of Absence, Unlimited PTO, Professional Development, etc.
• Conduct New Hire Benefit Meetings for US based staff (ICHRA and 401K) and work with staff through their enrollment process.
• Work with staff on processing QLE requests ensuring timely enrollment or termination.
• Calculate per paycheck deductions and ensure completion of Section 125 wage deduction forms.
• Administer the ICHRA COBRA plan.
• Enter benefit deductions into the HRIS to ensure accurate payroll deductions.
• Audit monthly ICHRA Premium Draft Notice reports ensuring accuracy.
• Fully own the annual ICHRA open enrollment process to include pre open enrollment planning and coordination with broker and ICHRA administration system as well as coordinate all staff communications and meetings.
• Distribute annual 401K notices to all eligible participants.
• Work with Human Resources Leader on annual 401K and Workers Compensation audits.
• Responds to unemployment and workers compensation claims as needed in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with HR and Finance teams to ensure accurate recording and reconciliation of payroll and benefit–related transactions.
• Address employee inquiries regarding payroll, benefits, and deductions promptly and provide exceptional customer service.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee payroll and benefit information and handle sensitive data with utmost discretion.
• Stay informed about industry best practices and evolving regulations related to payroll and benefits administration.
• Partner with the HR team to ensure every new hire has the best Onboarding experience possible.
• Respond to employment verification requests as needed.
• Partner with HR team and the Culture Committee on company culture initiatives.
• Assist with talent acquisition responsibilities (job posting, resume review, conduct pre-screen interviews and interview coordination) as needed.
• Work with managers on performance management.
• Continuously identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of payroll and benefits operations as well as other areas of the department and company.
• Participate in HR and cross-functional projects as needed.
• Proven experience as a Payroll and Benefits Specialist or similar role, preferably in a multi–state setting.
• In–depth knowledge of US payroll laws, regulations, and tax requirements.
• Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local employment laws.
• Strong understanding of group medical insurance plans, eligibility criteria, QLE’s and enrollment processes.
• Experience administering and managing 401K programs.
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in managing payroll and benefits data.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity and professionalism.
• Strong analytical and problem–solving skills, with the ability to resolve payroll and benefits–related issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex payroll and benefits information to employees.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of HRIS, payroll and benefit administration systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software applications.
• Previous experience working in a fully remote company.
• Ability to adjust easily in a dynamic environment and have passion for the company and your craft. You should know the market, understand business strategy and priorities.
While not required, the following skills and experiences are preferred and will be considered an advantage:
• Previous experience administering a company ICHRA medical plan.
• Certification in payroll.
Enough about us. The perfect fit for our team is…
- A team player. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to help out a colleague.
- Friendly. You have a great attitude that lends itself to teamwork.
- Motivated. You go the extra mile because, for you, the bare minimum isn’t an option.
- An early adopter. You’re not intimidated by the latest tech. In fact, you love it!
- Organized. You stay on top of projects, and things rarely fall through the cracks.
- An optimizer. You are constantly looking for a better way to get things done, and you like sharing your ideas.
- Inquisitive. You love asking questions (specifically, “why?”).
The hiring process
We take our hiring very seriously—and we hire equally for ability as we do culture fit. The last thing we want is for you to land a job you’re not happy or excited about. That’s not good for you, and it wouldn’t be good for us, either. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect from our hiring process. Please note steps may vary slightly depending on the position.
Step one: Phone interview with Human Resources
Step two: Interview with your direct supervisor.
Step three: (Not required for all roles) Technical interview.
Step four: Cultural interview.
During the interview process, we’ll also ask you to take the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment™. The Predictive Index measures your most natural behavioral tendencies and overall learning ability. It is not used as a disqualification tool, but rather a way to help us understand overall job fit, create unique interview questions based around your preferences, and ultimately create a better onboarding experience if you inevitably join our team.
Want to learn more about us? Our website is just a hop, skip and a click away:
Who we are
At every level, we’re committed to having a culture that rocks. Our team is the most valuable asset we have, and we’re proud to be a diverse, international and passionate group of people. We live and breathe honesty, kindness, helpfulness, continual learning and creative problem–solving. All while being 100% remote!
Around the office (i.e., our Zoom rooms), you’ll hear the word “transparency” a lot, and for a good reason; we believe in radical candor. That is, we believe that honesty, openness and empathy are just as powerful as a hard skill set, and we live that belief at every level of our organization. Winter International LLC dba Bloom Growth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form I9 upon hire. Winter International LLC participates in the E–Verify program.